I am a Ph.D. candidate in Human-Centered Computing (HCC) program at the University of Florida. I work with Dr. Lisa Anthony in the Intelligent Natural Interaction Technology (INIT) Lab, where I study how to design collaborative learning technologies for children and adults. In 2016, I earned a Master’s degree in Computer Science from the University of Florida. I received my Bachelors degree in Electronics and Communications from Jaypee University of Engineering and Technology, Guna, India. Additionally, I have held several internships at organizations like Amazon (Seattle) and Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, India.
My research work lives at the intersection of human-computer interaction, child-computer interaction, Interaction design, and learning sciences. I have worked on multiple projects in this area including: working with learning scientists at University of Florida to conduct user studies with children and adults to explore interaction design opportunities for intelligent learning technologies of different form factors (e.g. spherical displays), conducting user research studies to understand how older adults interact with touchscreen technologies, constructing an interaction design framework for designing children’s touchscreen technology, designing interactive learning experiences for informal learning environments such as museums and science centers. You can read more about my projects on my Projects page as well as on the INIT lab’s page.
Outside of my work, I love to dance, sketch, travel and illustrate my experiences with sketching.
Click here to view and download my CV: Nikita-Soni-CV
Research Conferences attended / attending:
- SUI’21 (November’21, Virtual Conference) [upcoming]
- CLS’21 (July’21, Virtual Conference)
- IDC’21 (June’21, Virtual Conference)
- CHI’21 (May’21, Virtual Conference)
- ISS’20 in Libson, Portugal (Nov’20, Virtual Conference)
- IDC’20 in London (June’20, Virtual Conference)
- CHI’20 in Honolulu, Hawaiʻi (April’20)
- CSCL’19 in Lyon, France (June’19)
- PerDis’19 in Palermo, Italy (June’19)
- CHI’19 in Glasgow, Scotland (May’19)